How Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Insecticide Works
Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Insecticide contains 2 percent abamectin, a common nerve poison that's used in various insecticides for professional use. It impacts an insect's nervous system but does not kill the pest immediately. Instead, the active ingredient causes gradual paralysis and gives the pest time to transmit the poison back to the colony. Afterward, the pest infects other members before dying. Abamectin works by contact and ingestion and is less harmful to the environment, having a class IV rating on the General Use Pesticide scale.
Where to Use Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Insecticide
Spray Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Insecticide thoroughly to reduce and prevent pest infestations on ornamental and field-grown crops. It provides effective pest control in plant nurseries and greenhouses, including commercial lots where Christmas trees are grown. Use Avid to protect foliage plants, flowerbeds and woody ornamentals from invasive pests that feed on the sap within the leaves.
Avid 0.15 EC Miticide Insecticide Target Pests
Avid 0.15 EC carries a miticide/insecticide label and targets both mites and recurrent greenhouse pests. It keeps leafminers from destroying profitable crops and aphids from damaging plant tissue. Avid also kills and treats:
- European red mites
- Rust mites
- Bud mites
- Spruce mites
- Southern red mites
Avid 0.15 EC Features and Benefits
- Treats and suppresses mite infestations
- Targets aphids, leafminers, thrips and whiteflies
- For use in shade houses, greenhouses and field-grown crops
- Useful in an integrated pest management system
- Protects Christmas trees and woody ornamentals
- Reduces pest numbers and increases control
Avid 0.15 EC Tips for Use
- Don't use an irrigation system to apply Avid 0.15 EC.
- Avoid using in citrus nurseries.
- Mix with water, and apply as a foliar spray.
- Wear chemical-resistant clothing and eyewear during application.
- Apply when aphids, thrips and whiteflies are young for the best results.
Keep Your Crops Safe With Avid 0.15 EC
For suppression of whiteflies, aphids and mites, Avid provides effective results when it's used as directed. Apply Avid at the first sign of an infestation to knock down pests and prevent population explosions. It targets numerous mite species in greenhouses and field-grown crops and reduces damage to foliage plants and woody ornamentals. It comes in a ready-to-mix formula and applies with a hand sprayer. If you want to keep mites, aphids and other pests off of your crops, apply Avid 0.15 EC miticide insecticide for maximum control.