How Bifen LP Insecticide Works
Bifen LP Insecticide gets its name from the active ingredient bifenthrin, a synthetic pyrethroid that works as a neurotoxin and renders pest insects immobile; the insects die soon after contact or ingestion. A pyrethroid-based insecticide like Bifen LP provides a safer alternative to harsh chemical pesticides, but it should still be used with caution around children and pets. It's important to avoid runoff as Bifen LP is toxic to fish.
Where to Use Bifen LP Insecticide
The "LP" stands for lawn and perimeter, which means that you can use it to target pests throughout residential and commercial landscapes. Use it to create an impenetrable barrier around properties and to tackle existing infestations in the area. Bifen LP Insecticide also works outside of residential lawns, such as:
- Public landscapes
- Recreational areas
- Athletic fields
- Industrial perimeters
Bifen LP Insecticide Target Pests
One application treats invasive lawn and perimeter insects that nest and congregate in the grass. It knocks down ant mounds and kills chinch bugs that often nest in the thatch layer. Use Bifen LP Insecticide to cure and prevent common insect pests such as:
- Bluegrass weevils
- Fire ants
- Flea larvae
- Mole crickets
Bifen LP Features and Benefits
- Kills many common pest insects on the lawn
- Contains bifenthrin for fast, effective pest control
- Works for landscaping, perimeters and boundaries
- Prevents infestations in ornamental gardens and vegetation areas
- Provides pest protection for up to four months
Bifen LP Insecticide Application Tips
- Use a granular spreader to broadcast the granules over your entire yard for full coverage.
- For perimeter protection, apply in a 5- to 10-foot band around your home or business.
- Irrigate dry soil before application to ensure maximum contact. Doing so will also drive mole crickets and other pests closer to the surface for better control.
Treat Your Lawn and Perimeter With Bifen LP Insecticide
With Bifen LP insecticide for lawns, you can enjoy a pest-free landscape for months at a time. One application treats numerous lawn pests, from imported fire ants to mole crickets. Each Bifen LP granule contains a powerful active ingredient to eradicate infestations and stop pests from ruining your lawn. Whether it's for residential, commercial or recreational landscaping, treat the turf right with Bifen LP insecticide.
While Bifen LP does not harm birds, pets and other animals, it does cause harm to fish and aquatic organisms. Avoid using near drains and water courses.